Samuel A. Green
For over 40 years, Sam Green has served the Fairfield County Jewish community with dignity and respect. As a funeral director, Sam must tend to the needs of the families that have entrusted him with their loved one while at the same time as the owner; he must balance the demands of properly running the funeral home business. It takes a special person to be able to manage both aspects and Sam is that special person. The community is extremely fortunate that Sam made the decision to attend mortuary school to carry on the family business.
Sam lives in Trumbull with his wife, Cheryl. His son Matthew is an Emmy Award winning Digital Media Engineer with NBC Olympics and his son Jonathan, who works with Sam, completed his Degree in Mortuary Science in 2012. In his spare time, Sam enjoys being outside and finds it relaxing to fix anything electronic or automotive.
- Attended Public Schools in Bridgeport and Easton
- Attended Hebrew Union College -Jewish Institute of Religion NY
- Graduate American Academy Mc Allister Institute of Mortuary Science NY
- Licensed State of CT Embalmer / Funeral Director 1978
- Licensed State of FL Embalmer / Funeral Director 2006
- Past Executive Director, Past President & Treasurer of KAVOD - Independent Jewish Funeral Chapels
- President Eintracht Cemetery Association Fairfield, CT
- Member Pastoral Services Committee Jewish Senior Services Bridgeport, CT
Jonathan L. Green
Jonathan has been part of the Green Funeral Home family since birth. As Sam’s younger son, Jonathan has the unique perspective of growing up with the funeral business as part of his everyday life. He has a greater understanding and awareness of the demands this type of work places on the personal life of its directors and the adjustments their children must make in their lives. Jonathan knew that dad was not always going to be there for those special moments at school because another family needed him. He was able to sense when a death was more troubling to his father and would console him in his own way to help ease his mind. Through this awareness, Jonathan has developed the skill to be able to adapt to any situation and has a tremendous gift to listen to people and offer comforting words. Jonathan has worked along side Sam and Brian during college breaks, over the summers and since graduating from Ithaca College in 2009. He now has had the opportunity to experience the funeral home business from another perspective and has found many rewarding aspects of the profession along with its difficulties. Jonathan served as an assistant to the funeral home staff and has come to be a welcoming smile to those in mourning and for many attending the funeral.
Outside of the funeral home, Jonathan can be found practicing his favorite songs on his guitar or bass guitar or working on cars in the driveway. He has a passion for all things automotive and hopes to one day find an old muscle car to restore with his dad. Jonathan lives in Fairfield with his wife, Emily, and their cat, Hobbes.
Jonathan attended graduate school at Kutztown University in Pennsylvania, and went on to attend mortuary school at American Academy McAllister Institute of Funeral Service in New York, graduating Suma Cum Laude in August 2012. He has demonstrated to everyone what a valuable asset he is to Green Funeral Home.
- Graduate-Ezra Academy
- Graduate - Hopkins School
- Graduate - Merkaz Hebrew High School
- Ithaca College - Bachelor of Arts 2009
- Licensed E.M.T. State of CT 2009
- Certified with N.R.E.M.T. 2009
- Graduate American Academy McAllister Institute of Funeral Service 2012
- Licensed State of CT Embalmer / Funeral Director 2013
- Licensed State of NY Embalmer / Funeral Director 2018