Abraham L. Green
Founder 1916 - 2007
Growing up in New Haven, CT, Abe Green knew at an early age that he wanted to serve the Jewish community in some sort of capacity. As a young boy, he regularly visited his grandfather in the Jewish Home for the Elderly and together they frequently attended the funerals taking place. Abe became very comfortable with the proceedings, eventually leading in the prayers. He had come to realize that he could make it a profession that was not just a job but an honor and a mitzvah.
During World War II, Abe’s role was on the front line as a medic in the infantry which served to cement his comfort level with death and dying. Upon returning from the war, Abe entered the American Academy of Funeral Service in New York to become a licensed mortician. His dream was to own a funeral home that catered to the needs of the Jewish community. In the 1940s, the Bridgeport community was actively seeking someone to open a Jewish funeral home. Until that time, the Jewish community utilized local establishments which did not necessarily cater to our customs and needs.
Abraham Green’s desire was about to become a reality when he was approached by the leaders of the Bridgeport Jewish community to come to Bridgeport and serve the community. In 1948, Abe borrowed the money necessary to open the A. L. Green Funeral Home on Grand Street in Bridgeport.
Samuel A. Green President, Funeral Director Licensed in Connecticut and Florida email@example.com
For over 40 years, Sam Green has served the Fairfield County Jewish community with dignity and respect. As a funeral director, Sam must tend to the needs of the families that have entrusted him with their loved one while at the same time as the owner; he must balance the demands of properly running the funeral home business. It takes a special person to be able to manage both aspects and Sam is that special person. The community is extremely fortunate that Sam made the decision to attend mortuary school to carry on the family business.
Sam lives in Trumbull with his wife, Cheryl. His son Matthew is an Emmy Award winning Digital Media Engineer with NBC Olympics and his son Jonathan, who works with Sam, completed his Degree in Mortuary Science in 2012. In his spare time, Sam enjoys being outside and finds it relaxing to fix anything electronic or automotive.
- Attended Public Schools in Bridgeport and Easton
- Attended Hebrew Union College - Jewish Institute of Religion, NY
- Graduate of American Academy McAllister Institute of Mortuary Science, NY
- Licensed State of CT Embalmer / Funeral Director 1978
- Licensed State of FL Embalmer / Funeral Director 2006
- Past Executive Director, Past President & Treasurer of KAVOD - Independent Jewish Funeral Chapels
- President, Eintracht Cemetery Association Fairfield, CT
- Chairman, Rodeph Sholom Memorial Park Fairfield, CT
- Pastoral Services Committee Jewish Senior Services Bridgeport, CT
- Board of Trustees, Congregation Rodeph Sholom Bridgeport, CT
Jonathan L. Green, CPC
Funeral Director, Certified Preplanning Consulant Licensed in Connecticut and New York firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonathan has been part of the Green Funeral Home family since birth. As Sam’s younger son, Jonathan has the unique perspective of growing up with the funeral business as part of his everyday life. He has a greater understanding and awareness of the demands this type of work places on the personal life of its directors and the adjustments their children must make in their lives. Jonathan knew that dad was not always going to be there for those special moments at school because another family needed him. He was able to sense when a death was more troubling to his father and would console him in his own way to help ease his mind. Through this awareness, Jonathan has developed the skill to be able to adapt to any situation and has a tremendous gift to listen to people and offer comforting words. Jonathan has worked alongside Sam during college breaks, over the summers and since graduating from Ithaca College in 2009. He now has had the opportunity to experience the funeral home business from another perspective and has found many rewarding aspects of the profession along with its difficulties. Jonathan served as an assistant to the funeral home staff and has come to be a welcoming smile to those in mourning and for many attending the funeral.
Outside of the funeral home, Jonathan can be found practicing his favorite songs on his guitar or bass guitar or working on cars in the driveway. He has a passion for all things automotive and hopes to one day find an old muscle car to restore with his dad. Jonathan lives in Fairfield with his wife, Emily, and their two cats, Hobbes and Rocket.
Jonathan graduated from Ithaca College, attended graduate school at Kutztown University in Pennsylvania, and went on to attend mortuary school at American Academy McAllister Institute of Funeral Service in New York, graduating Summa Cum Laude in August 2012. He has demonstrated to everyone what a valuable asset he is to Green Funeral Home.
- Graduate - Ezra Academy 2001
- Graduate - Hopkins School 2005
- Graduate - Merkaz Hebrew High School 2005
- Ithaca College - Bachelor of Arts 2009
- Licensed E.M.T. State of CT 2009
- Certified with N.R.E.M.T. 2009
- Graduate American Academy McAllister Institute of Funeral Service (Summa Cum Laude) 2012
- Licensed State of CT Embalmer / Funeral Director 2013
- Licensed State of NY Embalmer / Funeral Director 2018
- National Funeral Directors Association Certified Preplanning Consulant (CPC) 2020
- Board Member, Men's Club at Jewish Senior Services Bridgeport, CT
- Board Member, Merkaz Hebrew High School
- Board Member, Connecticut Funeral Directors Association
Daniel Scott Sefcik Sr., CFSP Funeral Director, Certified Funeral Service Practicioner Licensed in Connecticut email@example.com
Dan has compassionately served families in the Fairfield and New Haven County Area for over 35 years.
He lives in Milford with his wife Paula and has three children, Daniel Jr., Sarah and Jessica. When not serving in his vocation, Dan enjoys spending time with their two granddaughters, camping and motorcycling events.
- Native of Bridgeport.
- Graduate of American Academy McAllister Institute of Mortuary Science, NY
- Licensed State of CT Embalmer / Funeral Director 1983
- CFSP-Certified Funeral Service Practitioner 2003
- Chaplain of American Legion Riders Post 196 of Milford.
- Finance Officer-Sons of the American Legion.
- Past Officer of The Connecticut Funeral Directors Association-Ethics Committee
- Past Practical Embalming Examiner State of Connecticut
- Past Officer Ansantawae Masonic Lodge #89, & Shriner
- Member of Milford Elks
Meoba (Mimi) K. Nsenga Funeral Director Licensed in Connecticut firstname.lastname@example.org
Mimi possesses a natural grace, a warmth and kindness of personality that connects with people, and a gentle charm that puts people at ease.
Originally from Central Africa, her family emigrated to the U.S. when
she was 18. After college, she began her career as a Certified Nursing Assistant caring for seniors at the Jewish Home for the Elderly.
Her work there gave her a great respect for the elderly and the dying. She wanted them to be as comfortable as possible, feel loved and cared for, and help their families through the difficult time.
Ever the hard worker, Mimi worked two jobs in order to go back to school to pursue her Mortuary Science degree at Lincoln College of New England. She wanted a profession that felt truly meaningful. When she began working as a Funeral Director, she knew immediately that she had found the right calling. Her mentor said she was the best apprentice he had ever trained in his 42-year career. Mimi has interned, apprenticed and worked as a trade Funeral Director at two well-respected Fairfield County funeral homes prior to joining Abraham L. Green & Son.
Outside of work, Mimi enjoys cooking, working out at the gym and spending time with friends.
- A resident of Fairfield, CT since 2011
- Graduate of Housatonic Community College; Science Major 2011 (Dean’s List)
- Licensed Certified Nursing Assistant 2012
- Graduate of Lincoln College of New England, CT; Mortuary Science 2016
- Licensed State of CT Embalmer / Funeral Director 2019
- Member, Connecticut Funeral Directors Association
Reception, Office, & Accounts Receivable
When a death occurs, having to make the phone call to the funeral home can be difficult. In the years since Joanna joined Abraham L. Green and Son Funeral Home, our families have come to realize that when faced with this situation, the anxiety is quickly calmed by her soothing and professional manner as she is most likely the person answering your call. Having Joanna function in this capacity allows our directors to have the time necessary to properly arrange and carry out all the aspects of a funeral. Joanna is an integral member of the Abraham L. Green and Son Funeral Home staff.